TB Control Frequently Asked Questions
(All documents are in PDF format)
TB Skin Testing
- How should a Mantoux tuberculin skin test be applied?
- How should a Mantoux tuberculin skin test be read?
- Why perform two-step tuberculin skin testing?
- How is two-step tuberculin skin testing done?
- How are tuberculin skin test conversion rates calculated?
- Are periodic chest x-rays recommended in tuberculosis screening programs for employees?
- When are chest x-rays recommended in employee screening programs?
- How do I perform a respirator fit test?
- What precautions should be taken when transporting a TB patient?
- What are the main factors that affect TB transmission?
For more information about federal occupation standards and regulations regarding respirators and fit testing, view OSHA's Respiratory Protection eTool.