First released in 2004, the Guide is a joint publication of CITC and the Tuberculosis Control Branch of the California Department of Public Health. It contains information and user-friendly tools and templates for use by any clinician who participates in the management of patients with drug-resistant TB.
The 10 chapters and 15 appendices cover major topics pertaining to epidemiology, diagnosis, treatment, medications, monitoring, special situations, adverse reactions, case management, legal issues, and treatment of contacts.
What's new in the second edition of the Guide?
- Updated epidemiology of TB and MDR-TB
- Treatment for XDR-TB
- Information about interferon gamma release assays (IGRAs), new blood tests for LTBI
- Updated medication fact sheets
- New information about drug interactions
- Updated listings of MDR experts, laboratories, and international resources