Curry International Tuberculosis Center
On-Demand Webinar Program
The On-Demand Webinar program is an effort to target timely tuberculosis (TB) in-service training to healthcare workers within in TB control programs or in other medical settings where TB or latent TB infection (LTBI) is diagnosed and treated.
This training format will deliver brief, targeted sessions that can fit into lunch hour or staff meeting time frames. Each live webinar will be 30-45 minutes in length. The topic area and date/time for training will be suggested by the jurisdiction submitting the application and, once approved, the faculty, final date/time, and learning objectives, etc. will be developed by CITC in partnership with the applicant. Requesting agencies will be informed of their application status no later than 4 weeks prior to the final date of the webinar. Topics requested on this application should reflect current, specific challenges that the program is facing which can be addressed by an expert(s) in the field during a focused, interactive session. There will be time for questions and answers at the end of the live web-based presentation. We are now accepting applications from jurisdictions within the western region for 2014.
No continuing education units will be available for this program.
Role of the hosting jurisdiction:
- Submit On Demand Webinar Program application which includes:
- a range of dates and times to conduct training
- Join with CITC staff in at least one planning call to determine that presentation/objectives are appropriate for the target audience
- Market and publicize training to target audience
- Ensure that staff is provided time to participate in webinar
- Provide A/V and other technical support, including web access for the presentation, at requesting agency’s worksite
Role of Curry International Tuberculosis Center:
- Provide webinar broadcast services, including (if needed) telephone access for participants
- Identify and recruit a subject matter expert/faculty in the requested topic area
- Assist in development of training topic, objectives, presentation materials
- Evaluate webinar and provide summary of feedback to requesting jurisdiction
- Applications for an On-Demand Webinar training to be conducted in 2014 are due no later than 8 weeks prior to your preferred training date.
- Applications will be reviewed by CITC program staff. All applicants will be informed of their application status no later than 4 weeks prior to confirmed training date.